This Holiday Season, Overwatch 2 is joining in the festivities with Season 8: Call of the Hunt, which will bring a brand new tank hero, winter events, and new rewards to the battlefield.
Revealed at Blizzcon 2023, Overwatch 2 is finally allowing players to enter the battlefield with the new tank hero Mauga with the launch of Season 8: Call of the Hunt. Aside from the exciting new tank hero, fans will also be able to engage in The Battle of the Beasts a new 4v4 PvPvE game mode that sees two teams try and defeat each other’s Grand Beast in an epic battle. Below, fans can find all of the exciting inclusions for Season 8.
Overwatch 2 Season 8: Call of the Hunt Key Features
- Play as the new tank hero and his dual wielded chainguns, Mauga. He can deal massive pressure damage with his Overrun skill, deliver support by reinforcing his team with Cardiac Overdrive, and even engage in close-quarter fisticuffs with his powerful Cage Fight ultimate.
- The Battle of Beasts game mode sees teams do battle with Grand Beasts, a caveat of this mode is Mauga is the only tank hero available, and players will need to destroy the opposing team’s Greand Beast before their’s falls!
- Season 8 introduces Hard Light weapon skins, which allow fans to further customize their Overwatch 2 heroes. To start, Blizzard is releasing the skins for Reaper, Rein and Mercy in the Hard Light theme, with more to follow. The customization options also include sound cues and visual effects to flaunt extra personality on the battlefield.
- Winter Wonderland events start on December 19, and it will allow players to unlock one free legendary skin of their choice. Fan-favourite event modes like Mei’s Snowball Offensive and Yeti Hunt are returning, and players will be able to net rewards during the event’s runtime.
- Finally, the next wave of Overwatch 2 Hero Mastery courses is coming starting next year on January 2 in a five-week event, with Echo, Genji, Mei, D.Va, and Lucio courses becoming available in that time.
Overwatch 2 fans should know Season 8: Call of the Hunt starts today, so combatants can jump straight into the action. Fans can also head over to the official Blizzard blog for more information.