BMW Motorrad is proving it’s “all in” for the twin-cylinder heavyweight cruiser segment with its latest addition: the 2024 BMW R 18 Roctane. Designed to go up against Harley-Davidson’s Road King, this German-made cruiser offers BMW’s legendary quality and attention to detail. Here are the top five features of BMW Motorrad’s R 18 Roctane. Also be sure to watch our BMW R 18 Roctane Cruiser Preview and BMW R 18 Roctane Cruiser Review videos for indepth insight on this model.
1. Obviously the 1,802cc boxer twin. This engine looks magnificent. It sounds even better and it has more than 100 lb.-ft. torque at the rear wheel!
2. We love the styling and the proportions on this R 18 Roctane. This motorcycle looks like a piece of jewelry.
3. Triple disc hydraulic brakes with four-piston calipers up front and a four-piston caliper out back keep speed in check on this 825-pound plus cruiser.
4. The fit and finish on this motorcycle is exquisite. We love the attention to detail like this awesome drive shaft which spins when the vehicle is in motion.
5. The R 18′s paint-matched luggage is awesome. You can store 7 gallons of cargo in each container, and they’re lockable of course.
We’ll see you in the next episode.