Riot Games has had a lot of news to share this week, with the first trailer for the highly-anticipated Arcane season 2, along with a brand new champion coming to League of Legends.
The trailer for Arcane’s second season isn’t long, only clocking in at roughly 44 seconds, but has some interesting implications. In it, we see Singed in the middle of a blood transfusion before he looks up at a giant monster suspended from the ceiling. The monster appears to be Warwick from League of Legends, which could confirm a massive fan theory from the first season. Fans think that Vander, who died in season one, has been transformed into Warwick and will likely feature heavily in the second season.
Arcane Season 2 is scheduled to arrive exclusively on Netflix in November, but we don’t have a firm date yet.
Apart from Arcane, Riot has also shown off Smolder, a new Champion for League of Legends that sports some serious Spyro the Dragon energy. The little dragon is an ADC (Attack Damage Carry) designed to be played in the bot lane, and he’s seemingly an easy character for newcomers to pick up.
Despite his diminutive size, most of Smolder’s abilities are all about causing a lot of damage, and he looks like a force to be reckoned with. Here’s a quick overview of his abilities.
- Passive – Dragon Practice – Every time he damages an enemy with a spell or kills an enemy Smolder gets a stack of Dragon Practice. Each stack increases the damage of his basic abilites.
- Q – Scorcher Breath – Smolder spews flames out at enemies, damaging anyone caught in them.
- W – Achoo! – Smolder sneezes flames that damage and slows enemies.
- E – Flap, Flap, Flap – Smolder takes flight for 1.25 seconds and ignores terrain, damaging the lowest health enemy in range.
- Ultimate – MMOOOMMM! – Smolder calls to his mother, who breathes down fire across an entire area that damages and slows enemies. Also heals Smolder when he’s in the flames.
Smolder will land in League of Legends with patch 14.3, which is scheduled to arrive on February 7.